Re: RFS: roxterm

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 19:40:12 +0100
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 19:04:13 +0100
> Tony Houghton <h@realh.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > The name of the packe is roxterm; if I use my own deb structure
> > instead of Thierry's there may also be packages called roxterm-data,
> > roxterm-lang-en, roxterm-lang-en-gb.
>
> Why? There is no reason to have one-package-per-locale in Debian.

OK, but some other applications do, eg iceweasel and openoffice, but
maybe that's because of their size? Is it better to have one l10n
package or merge them into roxterm-data a la gnome-terminal?

> > I'll make the packages available from the same place as the upstream
> > tarballs at <http://sourceforge.net/projects/roxterm/files/>.
>
> It should probably be uploaded to mentors.debian.net for sponsoring -
> many sponsors require the use of that site, not SF.

OK; I inferred from the FAQ that mentors.debian.net was only for people
who had nowhere else.

Thanks for your advice.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk