Re: RFS: python-ipcalc

Hi,

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:01:11 +0000 mezgani ali wrote:

> I setup the License field in the pkg-info file, also i did some change to
> setup.py.
> those are the changes that i maked to the upstream source.
> and i think that was not really necessary.
>
> The orig.tar.gz looks to be the same as the original upstream tarball.

Had a brief look at the diff, shouldn't be necessary at all here.
And if you want to have modifications to upstream source, please use a
patchsystem like quilt (or dpatch, but I prefer quilt), don't chage the
orig.tar.gz
The newly uploaded version with the clean tarball builds fine and I
cant find any differences in behaviour or something.

> > Said that, I see no more problems with the package, and would upload it
> > as soon you exchange the tarball.

So, anything more you want to change or to know? If not, I'll upload :)

> There is rwhois (https://sourceforge.net/projects/rwhois/) a recursive whois
> client that
> can parse records into usable objects, but i never use it and it seems to be
> outdated because
> last update was the 23th April, 2003.

Aye, I know rwhois, but its... incomplete and outdated, yeah.

> You know Evgeni this is a nice idea and must to be translated to a serious
> project
> "developing whois python lib"  :)
> and python miss this module.

Great, do you have some free time? ;)
Nah, joking, I guess I'd have to do this by myself when I really need
it, until then, the good old whois(1) on the command line is enough :)

Regards

--
Bruce Schneier Fact Number 755:
Bruce Schneier can tune an antenna by whistling the desired resonant