Re: RFS: python-ipcalc

Hi Ali,

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:48:16 +0000 mezgani ali wrote:

> I applied the patch, i setup the watch file and the README.source
>  Well you did the hard work for me Evengi ;)

Aye, the new package looks very good.
Just a question, why does your orig.tar.gz have a different md5sum then
the one on pypi? Did you repackage it? The general rule of thumb is to
avoid repackaging and using the original upstream tarball where
possible (and here it looks like it is possible).

Said that, I see no more problems with the package, and would upload it
as soon you exchange the tarball.

On another topic, do you know of any decent whois implementation in
Python? One that can whois domains and IPs and tell me the abuse-email
or the name of the owner (so one that can actually parse the output,
not only display me the text-blob)?

Regards
Evgeni

--
Bruce Schneier Fact Number 1269:
Bruce Schneier has a set of SSH Bump Keys.