Re: RFS: mount-systray

Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier wrote:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "mount-systray".
>
> * Package name    : mount-systray
>   Version         : 0.5.2
>   Upstream Authors : Roberto Majadas <telemaco@openshine.com>, Alvaro
> Peña <apg@openshine.com>
> * URL             : http://launchpad.net/mount-systray
> * License         : GPL-2 or later
>   Section         : gnome
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> mount-systray - Systray applicacion for umount devices easy

Hi Juan,

in debian/control:

* your short description doesn't sound english. I'd write as something like
"System tray application to mount and unmount devices easily."
* the field XSBC-Original-Maintainer is non-sense for Debian (in Ubuntu, it
mentions the original Debian Maintainer for the package, which _you_ will
be.
* Your Standards version is outdated.

Other things:

* The package was in Ubuntu Jaunty but isn't anymore. Why and why would you
like to include it in Debian now?
* The version numbering is for "native package" without reason.
* You are uploading to "jaunty" which does not exist in Debian.
* Your README.Debian is empty.

Finally, your package seems to be intended to be uploaded to Ubuntu but went
to Debian somehow.

Actually, I don't give any chance for it to be uploaded - read the docs and
correct at least all the above glitches, make it pass lintian -iI and come
back with a fixed package.

Regards,

Didier Raboud

--
Swisslinux.org − Le carrefour GNU/Linux en Suisse −
http://www.swisslinux.org