Re: RFS: iguanair (try #2)

On Tuesday 09 June 2009, Jack Kelly wrote:
> 2009/6/8 Stefanos Harhalakis <v13@v13.gr>:

> >> config.status is generated by configure, not autoconf, so you'll
> >> probably find that you can take it out.
> >
> > I'm already removing it in the clean target:
> >
> > debian.rules:
> > clean::
> >        rm -f config.status
> >
> > Isn't that sufficient?
>
> I'm not a dev, but if lintian's complaining, then probably not. If you
> remove it manually, then won't it be removed by the diff when you make
> the source package?

The lintian explanation[1] says:

"The clean rule in debian/rules should remove this file.
[...]
Note that Lintian cannot reliably detect the removal in the clean rule, so
once you fix this, please ignore or override this warning."

I also try not to touch anything outside debian/ directory since it will make
lintian complain because there are patches too.

[1] http://lintian.debian.org/tags/configure-generated-file-in-source.html