Re: RFS: concordance

Patrick,

The package has been re-uploaded to mentors.debian.net; please see
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/concordance/concordance_0.21-1.dsc

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Patrick Matthäi<pmatthaei@debian.org> wrote:

[...]

> Hmm okay my last issues:
>
>> dpkg-deb: warning: 'debian/python-concordance/DEBIAN/control' contains
>> user-defined field 'Python-Version'
>
> This seems wrong for me, without looking into the policy.
>
> python-concordance just contains binary-indep data. Fix your control and
> rules.

I just re-read the policy, and it looks to me like it's okay;
following point 2.3, and also looking very much like the pyenchant
example from the http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPython/NewPolicy page.

In any case, I applied the changes you proposed: changed Architecture
to all for python-concordance, and I added all the tasks under
binary-indep.

I updated the package again. It's lintian-clean for the
_source.changes, and the only error in lintian from the binary
packages is still the lack of a symbols file.

I: libconcord1: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libconcord.so.1.0.0

Is fixing this as simple as adding 'dpkg-gensymbols -plibconcord1'
somewhere in my 'debian/rules' file? The library packaging guide is a
little unclear to me, and so is the manpage for dpkg-gensymbols.

Regards,

/ Matt