Re: Combining changelog entries with dpkg-genchanges

Hello,

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> Can't you just create a version number that fits ?
>
> For instance, if your version schema is x.y.z-t, and you want all versions,
> you can use for instance 0.0.0
>
> I think this means also that the version passed in -v does not have to be
> present in the changelog.

This does not work.

As I wrote at the top of this thread:
> I have wondered why "dpkg-genchanges" takes the "-v" option the way
> it does; which is to take the changelog entries for changes _after_
> the specified version --- which must exist.

In other words, "dpkg-genchanges" will not accept a version number
argument to "-v" which is not present in the changelog --- with one
exception[*] pointed out by Ben Finney. If the version given is empty
then it will take _all_ the entries as new.

Regards,

Kapil.

[*] Of course, one could also argue that the empty version number
_is_ present in the changelog :-)