Libary Packing

Hello,

i'm trying to build an libary package from my sourcecode.
At first i build an regular package with dh_make and single binary included the libary. Everything is fine and works.
Now i want to build an libary and an binary package, but as i read the manual i can build only an libary lib-dev and lib where lib is the documentation. When i call debuild everything runs without errors, but i can't find the libary in de *.deb package.

Can somebody point me to a step by step documentation for libraries. I can only find doc for normal binary packaging. Is it possible to build lib and program with one command (build)?

One more question: When i want to provide an new package for debian testing/unstable/stable do i need an mentor tu upload the package? I checked the packaging working list (don't remember where it is) and nobody works on it. Or can i upload the package with upload-command to the ftp-server?

Thanks for help,
yonah

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02