Re: ITR: febootstrap

On 09/05/28 01:26 +0530, Y Giridhar Appaji Nag said ...
> On 09/05/27 23:57 +0530, Y Giridhar Appaji Nag said ...
> > > > >

> > I will review the package and will send in comments (if any) / do an upload.
>
> Comments:

[snip...]

> Suggestions:
>
> - It is usually a good idea to maintain the debian packaging also in a VCS.
>   Even though this package is simple, since you are also the upstream, I was
>   wondering if you you would be interested in maintaining the Debian packaging
>   also in upstream git (possibly on a debian branch).  In case you implement
>   this suggestion, please add Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser to debian/control.

This will help tools like debcheckout (from the devscripts package) that some
people use.

I noticed that you are incrementing the debian revision each time you update
the package in your personal repository.  While some Debian package sponsors
like it that way, I actually prefer the opposite (just one changelog entry per
upload to the Debian archive).  But I don't insist either way, feel free do it
the way you like it.

Cheers,

Giridhar

--