Re: Not RFS: libguestfs (ITP #530427)

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@redhat.com> wrote:

> This package also uses febootstrap to build a Fedora appliance[0],
> which is then embedded in the resulting binary[1].  The Fedora
> appliance is of course built out of Fedora RPMs, and in the default
> configuration these get downloaded from a Fedora yum repository[2].
> When we build this package in Fedora, we get the RPMs 'for free' as it
> were from the existing buildroot.

I feel that embedded code copies are bad and should be avoided. This
seems like an instance of that.

Looking at the architecture diagram, I don't see any way around that
though. My knowledge of Linux architecture is limited though.

<insert ode to the hurd>

Debian packages need to build without network access, which may be a
show-stopper

--
bye,
pabs