Re: RFS: cconv -- A iconv based simplified-traditional chinese conversion tool

Hi

Dne Tue, 12 May 2009 23:26:40 +0800
Vern Sun <s5unty@gmail.com> napsal(a):

> on 二, 2009-05-12 at 17:02 +0800, Michal Čihař wrote:
> > - you should split the library to libcconv0 and rename devel package to
> >   libcconv-dev
> > - please write useful description, pointing user to url is not a useful
> >   description
> done
>
> > - cconv man page is obviously generated, you should include it's
> >   sources and generate it during build
> I use asciidoc to generate manpage, fixed.
>
> > - Vcs-* fields are for debian packaging not for upstream
> > - README.Debian is useless
> > - why do you install empty file NEWS?
> clear
>
> Reuploaded. The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
>   contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cconv/cconv_0.5.2-1.dsc

There are still some things:

- static library and libtool script should go to devel package (*.la,
  *.a)
- are all those versioned build depends really needed?
- I don't think that "iconv based" is important information which
  should be as first in short description. Either remove it completely
  or move it to the end.
- there is no need for creating postinst for library package
- lintian --pendantic:
P: libcconv0: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
P: cconv: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
P: libcconv-dev: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license usr/share/common-licenses/GPL