RFS: ethstats (adopted and updated)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.0-3
of my package "ethstats".  This is a very simple, lightweight,
easy to use tool for gathering and displaying the throughput of
the network interfaces.  Of course, it's far from iptraf or
wireshark, but sometimes one needs just a couple of numbers.

I'm adopting ethstats, and I've overhauled the Debian packaging
a lot, bringing it up to the current standards and tools.

It builds a single binary package:
ethstats   - script that quickly measures network device throughput

The package has been tested with lintian and pbuilder.

The upload would fix these bugs: 519342

dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/e/ethstats/ethstats_1.0-3.dsc

Just for reference, here's the changelog entry of my adoption update:

ethstats (1.0-3) unstable; urgency=low

  * New maintainer.  Closes: #519342
  * Keep everything in the debian/ directory:
    - remove the ethstats copy of ethstats.pl and regenerate it in
      the "build" target
    - move the ethstats.sgml manual page into debian/
    - remove the manual page in the "clean" target
  * Add a watch file.
  * Use debian/compat to specify the debhelper compatibility level.
  * Clean up the rules file:
    - remove lots of useless commented-out stuff
    - remove the useless and empty configure target
    - remove the nostrip and noopt handling - it's a Perl script!
    - remove lots of useless debhelper tool invocations
    - move many debhelper tool invocations from the binary target to
      the install target, where the dh utility would place them
    - this is an arch-independent package, so use binary-indep, not
      binary-arch!
  * Move docbook-to-man to B-D-I from B-D.
  * Remove the dot at the end of the package synopsis.
  * Depend on "perl", not "perl5".
  * Bump the debhelper compatibility level to 7:
    - add misc:Depends to the binary package
    - minimize the rules file
  * Bump Standards-Version to 3.8.1 with no changes.
  * Convert the copyright file to the machine-parseable format and
    add my copyright notice.

 -- Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>  Sat, 09 May 2009 16:43:44 +0300

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
This sentence claims to be an Epimenides paradox, but it is lying.