Re: Criteria for sponsoring packages (was: RFS: ripit (updated package))

+ Adeodato Simó (Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:09:31 +0200):

> + Ben Finney (Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:25:57 +1000):

> > Note that not everything in Neil's guidelines are appropriate to *every*
> > package.

> Well, not even that, many of them are a pure matter of personal
> preference, or apply directly only to him:

Forgot to add, I completely get it's not Neil who's saying these
guidelines should become some kind of standard, since he has never said
they apply to anybody except his sponsoring. So, there's nothing wrong
with him adding subjective criteria in *his* document, and was merely
challenging the claim that they should be some kind of widely-adopted
standard, or that they are useful without a big grain of salt.

Hope that clears up my intent. There's nothing wrong with properly
labelled stuff.

--
- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.