Re: RFS: smplayer-themes (updated package)

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 05:01, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 6:10 AM, Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> wrote:
>> A part from some minor things on debian/changelog (not worthing a new
>> upload or be fixed in the next one), there is a lintian tag you want
>> to address:
>>
>> I: smplayer-themes source: dfsg-version-with-period 0.1.19.dfsg-1
>>
>> (run lintian -iIv *.changes to get it).
>>
>> Anyhow, it's uploaded now! thanks for your contribution.
>
> The point of that lintian complaint is to stop people uploading such
> versions. Since 0.1.19.1 sorts before 0.1.19.dfsg-1, no-one will be
> able to upload 0.1.19.1 (if upstream uses such a version) any more.

I know. I decided to upload anyway because the upstream versions
history shows the trend on x.x.* versions with no additional .1 ever,
so that's nothing in the past to show that problem could appear. Given
this, and that I would not hold the upload back some other days, I
uploaded.

Cheers,