Re: RFS: smplayer (updated package)

Hi Maia,

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 22:09, Maia Kozheva <inetperson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Reuploaded the package. I believe I have addressed all your concerns, except the
> choice dependency on mplayer | mplayer-nogui. I would rather keep that
> dependency, since:
>
> - - It does no harm in Debian as it is, except for debcheck warnings.
> - - mplayer-nogui is available in Ubuntu, and I would rather keep the same package
> in Debian and Ubuntu.
> - - mplayer-nogui is available in debian-multimedia.org, which many Debian users
> install mplayer from for extra patent-restricted codecs.
> - - There is a bug report (#523842) in Debian itself to add an mplayer-nogui
> package, confirmed by one of the maintainers, so I presume an mplayer-nogui
> package may appear in Debian soon.

There's just one lintian warning you might want to address in the next release:

W: smplayer: desktop-mimetype-without-update-call
/usr/share/applications/smplayer.desktop
W: smplayer: desktop-mimetype-without-update-call
/usr/share/applications/smplayer_enqueue.desktop

I've just uploaded: thanks for your work for Debian!

Cheers,