RFS: QA upload (was: Re: Planning on updating some dock-apps)

Hi, Sandro.

On Apr 24 2009, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> 2009/4/24 Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>:
> > I have reported, one or another bug, but they seem to have gone into the
> > bit bucket, unfortunately, but I would like to do something about such
> > packages.
>
> If these packages have still a formal maintainer, you can either
> propose them an updated package, so they can upload it;

Some of them have, some don't.

> or else you can convince them to orphan the package, and handle it as
> a QA upload [1].

Well, I just prepared one QA upload here:

dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/ttf2pt1/ttf2pt1_3.4.4-2.dsc

Here is the changelog:

 ttf2pt1 (3.4.4-2) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * QA upload.
   * debian/control:
     + update section according to overrides (fonts).
     + set maintainer to "Debian QA Group".
     + removed versioned depends on debhelper.
     + slight updates to long description.
     + removed versioned build-deps on libfreetype6-dev (even oldstable has it).
     + removed versioned depends on t1utils (idem).
     + bump Standards-version to 3.8.1
   * debian/compat: create with 5.
   * debian/rules:
     + remove DH_COMPAT variable.
     + remove commented out dh_* calls.
     + turn on gcc warnings.
     + use "-Wl,--as-needed", to avoid extra symbols in the binaries.
     + don't ignore make errors.
     + remove empty directories.
     + handle DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS parameters.
   * debian/ex.*: remove examples/templates.
   * Makefile: make it understand LDFLAGS. (Major refactoring still needed).

> That's always a very good things to do qa upload.

Thanks. I'm concerned with the status of Debian: it has too many
packages and many of them are bit-rotting. Not a pleasant thing.  :-(

> You can start from this page [2] to find orphaned or up to adoption
> packages you might start work on.

Yes, there's where I actually started. Since I use a powerpc iBook, I
would love to keep pbbuttonsd, powerprefs, and gtkpbbuttons in the
distribution.

Another one that would be nice to keep is gutenprint and lprng, which
are especially nice to have with low-powered computers that are serving
printers, for instance.

> Well, upload to mentors.d.n and send a RFS here, as usual. I suggest
> to write explicitly in the RFS email subject that's a QA upload.

Done.

Regards,