Re: RFS: fsprotect (try #2)

Hello,

2009/4/21 Stefanos Harhalakis <v13@v13.gr>:
> Dear mentors,
>
> A month ago I sent the following RFS without anyone offering to sponsor it.
> I'm resending it as a reminder.
>
> I am looking for guidance and a sponsor for my package "fsprotect".
>
> * Package name    : fsprotect
>  Version         : 1.0.1
>  Upstream Author : Stefanos Harhalakis <v13@v13.gr> (me)
> * URL             : http://www.v13.gr/proj/fsprotect/
> * License         : GPL
>  Section         : admin
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> fsprotect  - Helper scripts to make filesystems immutable

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
> contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fsprotect/fsprotect_1.0.1.dsc
>
> This is a set of scripts that combine aufs and tmpfs and make the root and
> other filesystems immutable. Existing filesystems are re-mounted as read-only
> and all changes are written to tmpfs and are lost at the next reboot.
>
> It is ideal for:
> * Public computers. It keeps all files intact, no matter what the user does.
> * Testing. i.e. KDE3 -> KDE4 upgrade
> * Security (also requires adequate paranoia)
>
> Fsprotect can be seen as an opensource alternative to deepfreeze for linux.

feedback

1. why this package is a native package? i think a normal package
should be better

2. one lintian warning:
W: fsprotect source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.0 (current is 3.8.1)

3. can you explain why you override the following lintian warnings
$ cat debian/fsprotect.lintian-overrides
fsprotect: non-standard-toplevel-dir fsprotect/
fsprotect: virtual-package-depends-without-real-package-depends
fsprotect: package-contains-empty-directory fsprotect/system/
fsprotect: package-contains-empty-directory fsprotect/tmp/

especially any good reason to override this warning:
virtual-package-depends-without-real-package-depends?

thanks.

--
Best Regards
LI Daobing