RFS: fsprotect (try #2)
A month ago I sent the following RFS without anyone offering to sponsor it.
I'm resending it as a reminder.
I am looking for guidance and a sponsor for my package "fsprotect".
* Package name : fsprotect
Version : 1.0.1
Upstream Author : Stefanos Harhalakis <firstname.lastname@example.org> (me)
* URL : http://www.v13.gr/proj/fsprotect/
* License : GPL
Section : admin
It builds these binary packages:
fsprotect - Helper scripts to make filesystems immutable
The package appears to be lintian clean.
The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
- URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fsprotect
- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
This is a set of scripts that combine aufs and tmpfs and make the root and
other filesystems immutable. Existing filesystems are re-mounted as read-only
and all changes are written to tmpfs and are lost at the next reboot.
It is ideal for:
* Public computers. It keeps all files intact, no matter what the user does.
* Testing. i.e. KDE3 -> KDE4 upgrade
* Security (also requires adequate paranoia)
Fsprotect can be seen as an opensource alternative to deepfreeze for linux.