Re: RFS: kio-ftps (updated package)

Le mercredi 15 avril 2009 à 02:53, Rogério Brito a écrit :
> Hi, Laurent.
>
> IANADD, but I just saw your package. And I have some comments.
>
> On Apr 14 2009, Laurent Léonard wrote:
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > kio-ftps   - an ftps KIO slave for KDE 4
> >
> > The package appears to be lintian clean.
>
> * I'm not so sure about this:
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> I: kio-ftps source: quilt-patch-missing-description
> cmakelists_kde42_fix.diff - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> - - - - - - - - - - -

It seems to be a simple information, but perhaps it is interesting to add a
description in the patch file ?

> * The source tree has many *~ files there. Since you are modifying the
>   source package (removing the RFC file), you can remove those too, if
>   they aren't needed.

I think I can't drop files in the source tree if it's not for a licensing
problem, and those files are automatically deleted at building time. And the
source tarball is already uploaded, I think it's not possible to reupload
it...

> * The long description has lowercase letter starting sentences. This
>   should be fixed.

I just took the upstream description, but I agree with you, I will fix it.

> * Shouldn't the package has a versioning indicating that it was modified
>   from upstream, with a dfsg suffix?

I'm not sure about that, if a DD could give an opinion on this...

--
Laurent Léonard