Re: RFS: usbmon

Hi.

IANADD, so I can't sponsor this, but I have some comments.

On Apr 09 2009, Eduardo Ferro wrote:
> It builds these binary packages:
> usbmon     - A basic front-end to usbmon

Please, clarify this.

* The long description seems to be a little on the short side and
  end-users may be left puzzled.

* Mention that the Linux kernel has a monitoring subsystem of USB
  devices.

* Given the fact above, is the package portable for arches that are not
  based on Linux (e.g., FreeBSD or Hurd)? Please, keep in mind that
  kfreebsd-i386 and kfreebsd-amd64 are new arches in Debian. [1]

* The diff shows that there are some files without newlines at their
  end. Please, tidy it up.

* The diff shows lots of commented debhelper calls. Some sponsors do not
  like it, since it gives a slight indication that *perhaps*, the
  maintainer has not really spent that much time on the package.

* The debian/copyright file seems to be inconsistent regarding the use
  of (C) and (c).

* The debian/copyright file says:

License:

   This software is released under GPLv2 license - see the
   /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2.

Perhaps you meant to say "see the *file*" there?

Regards, Rogério Brito.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/04/msg00001.html