Best way to solve a file conflict between packages?

Hi mentors,

I'm asking you help about bug #509367.

Summarizing, new mono packages introduced a /usr/bin/csc file that
conflicts with /usr/bin/csc I used to ship into chicken-bin, so now
there's a conflict between these two packages.

I think there're at least three possible ways to fix it:

1) changing the name of my version of /usr/bin/csc to something else,
but then I'll have to rename all the references to it in docs, other
executables and, last but not the least, users know the Chicken Scheme
Compiler as /usr/bin/csc since ages.

2) just putting a Conflicts between mono-devel and chicken-bin,
but I think it's not a good solution for users.

3) well, mono-devel came second, they introduced the problem and they
should fix it, renaming their file.
I'm not a big fan of their "my popcon count is bigger than yours", I
just know that we're using that name since a lot of time, while probably
Mono users would be not so disappointed by a new name.

I prefer the solution #3, but I'm not really impartial, I know, so,
what do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
--
Davide Puricelli, dpuricelli@tin.it
Debian Developer: evo@debian.org | http://www.debian.org

Time looked like snow dropping silently into a black room -- Ray Bradbury