Re: RFS: CLAM, C++ library for audio and music

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 4:41 AM, David García Garzón
<dgarcia@iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> So, by discarding joining the libs, what are remaining the options? splitting
> packages? ignoring warnings?

Either, I would split them. IIRC the lintian warning may be disabled
when the number in the SONAME is the same for all the libraries in the
package.

>> Changing the SONAME at every release isn't the right thing to do
>> either, it should only be changed when you break the ABI.
>
> CLAM has X.Y.Z version schema, and 'guarantees' no ABI change for X.Y. which
> is coupled to the soname.

Ah, that is quite a good way to do it.

PS:  you may be interested in joining this team:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia

--
bye,
pabs