Re: RFS: CLAM, C++ library for audio and music

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:25 AM, David García Garzón
<dgarcia@iua.upf.edu> wrote:

> * Should I split this RFS thread into several as i did for the ITP bugs?

No need to.

> * The only lintian warning i get is:
> W: libclam13: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libclam-audioio13 libclam-
> core13 libclam-processing13
> As suggested by a debian developer and according to libpkg-guide we joined the
> library as the three libraries are going to change the soname at once on every
> release (i am also upstream release manager), but in some sponsoring
> guidelines i read that sponsored packages should be lintian clean including
> warnings. Should i ignore the warning or should i split the binary packages?

It seems silly to have libclam-audioio, libclam-core and
libclam-processing when you change the SONAME on all three at the same
time. Why not just have libclam?

Changing the SONAME at every release isn't the right thing to do
either, it should only be changed when you break the ABI.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise