Re: RFS: siege (updated package) - after initial mentor comments

Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 03:32:01PM +0000, Tristan Greaves wrote:
1. For some reason, the latest upstream version of this package is using automake-1.6 (as opposed to 1.9 as it did previously). Is this version still
available as it didn't come up when I did a quick search...

Looks like you can choose from 1.4, 1.7, 1.8 or 1.9.
I don't understand why a newer upstream is using an older automake though?

I double-checked just to be sure, but the original source is definitely that
way.

2.	When the autobuild stuff happens, naturally all the related files are now
considered modified.  Therefore lintian complains before it isn't done directly by
one of the quilt patches.

Files that were deleted during build don't show up in the diff.gz, so: rm the
modified files in your clean target, and lintian won't complain (to make
sure double builds work, you might have to copy things back from auto*
in your configure target).

Okay.  For now, I've worked around this issue as the patch in question does not
really apply now that I've adjusted the rules anyway.

I've uploaded a fresh copy.

Is this all set to be uploaded now?  If so, what happens next?

Many thanks,

Tris.