debian/watch file

Hi,

I've noticed that lintian produces a warning when a package has no
debian/watch file (at least when run with the -iI flags). I read the uscan(1)
manpage, as the warning suggests, but I still am not sure if I got the format
of the debian/watch file right. The manpage has this example:

ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/web/c_cpp/cweb/cweb-(.*)\.tar\.gz

If I got it correct, it means that (.*) will match the version used for the
orig.tar.gz archive?