Re: quilt

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes@seznam.cz> wrote:
>> Od: David Bremner <bremner@unb.ca>
>
>> If you use quilt to generate the patches, then quilt will definitely
>> understand them, and put the name correctly in debian/patches/series,
>> etc...

In addition to the already posted links, you can also look at quilt's
README.source for help with exactly this problem:

http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/quilt.git;a=blob;f=debian/README.source;h=8646078929b007725a93a4adf08b2155f8161041;hb=HEAD

> I know it is a bit off topic...
> Can someone advise how force "quilt" to use nano like a editor ... I am not familiar with vim ? :(
> Set nano like default editor?

If you use the above method, you will use your own editor to make
patches. As quilt's manpage reveals, quilt looks to $EDITOR to see
which editor to use. Set that in .bashrc.

Daniel

--
Daniel Moerner <dmoerner@gmail.com>