Re: RFS: tmux (updated package)

Karl Ferdinand Ebert <ferdi1604@gmx.de> writes:

> Am Wednesday 11 March 2009 21:09:43 schrieb René Mayorga:
> > Maybe I'm missing something but AFAICS your package was never been
> > uploaded before, and you are missing the ITP number in you
> > changelog entry for the first release, it is only state «Closes:
> > #00000»
>
> that is correct. I tried to get a sponsor last year but I provide
> updates nevertheless. But if the title is reserved only for packages
> that are already included in Debian, I will pick another.

Before beginning the work to package something new in Debian, you need
to file an ITP bug report[0] to signal your intent to others early,
help prevent doubling up on work, and allow input from others[1].

The ITP bug report should be closed by the first release of your
package (by using the “Closes: Bug#NNNNN” syntax in the
‘debian/changelog’ entry for that release[2]), so that when it enters
Debian the ITP bug will be closed.

Have you already filed the ITP bug report for this package? If not,
you need to do that before proceeding.

[0] <URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-newpackage>
[1] <URL:http://www.v7w.com/debian/debian-mentors_FAQ.html>
[2] <URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-dpkgchangelog>

--
 \            “There are always those who think they know what is your |
  `\          responsibility better than you do.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson |