Re: RFS: nbc

Hi Sebastian,

> > Would you mind explaining why lazarus-ide is required to build this package? I'd
> > strongly dislike installing all kinds of X libraries to build a package that is
> > completely unrelated to X/GTK.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Michael
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> I also strongly dislike to install all kinds of X libraries for building the package
> and tried to avoid it, but nbc is using Graphics package from lazarus and the needed
> file[1] for this is unfortunately in the lazarus-ide package.

Did you try to contact the maintainer of the lazarus package about this? Maybe
it could be split out into a separate package, or maybe also put that stuff in
the lazarus-src package? If it is only about a single file, it might also make
sense to just ship it with nbc. Maybe also upstream has some clues whether
lazarus is really the only way to go.

Further, many files lack license headers. Bother upstream to fix this, otherwise
this is not distributable.

And, well, please add a clean target to the Makefile, otherwise your package
cannot be build twice in a row or the like.

Best,
Michael