Re: RFS: redmine

On 11/03/2009 15:54, Ryan Niebur wrote:
Hi Jérémy,

Rather than installing vendor/plugins, all of the plugins should be
packaged. Gunnar Wolf did will_paginate, you can look at that for an
example.
ok, i'm going to have a look

Also in debian/copyright, what does "License: none" mean?  Does that
mean that it can't be distributed? It needs a license..

There's also the following lintian output, some of which is ignorable:
I: redmine source: no-complete-debconf-translation
P: redmine source: debian-control-has-unusual-field-spacing line 7
I: redmine source: quilt-patch-missing-description 00_load_default_data_env.patch
I: redmine source: quilt-patch-missing-description 01_load_default_data_rescue_already_loaded.patch
I: redmine source: quilt-patch-missing-description 02_production_env.patch
P: redmine: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
P: redmine: no-upstream-changelog
I: redmine: unused-override package-contains-empty-directory usr/share/redmine/vendor/plugins/gloc-1.1.0/lang/
I: redmine: unused-override script-not-executable ./usr/share/redmine/extra/svn/reposman.rb
I: redmine: unused-override script-not-executable ./usr/share/redmine/extra/svn/svnserve.wrapper

and you are missing a README.source.
i'll correct that

also have you seen[1] and the other responses to Richard's package?

You also might consider joining the Debian Ruby Extras team and seeing
if they can sponsor it for you. They were working with Richard on his
package.
i did not see that message.
i'll consider it indeed.
i contacted Richard who told me he would not have probably enough time to work more on the redmine package for
now, so i started upon his work and made sure it was working "out of the box".

Thanks,
Ryan

1: http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:0HVrJjJmA2QJ:www.mail-archive.com/pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers%40lists.alioth.debian.org/msg00324.html&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us