Re: RFS: dtmfdial (updated package)

A few additions to this.

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> You should only ever upload packages that you have used ‘sid’ to
> successfully build and lintian check.
>
> For one way to do that without necessarily running ‘sid’ as your
> operating system, investigate the ‘pbuilder’ package.

In fact, even if you run ‘sid’ as your operating system, it's
recommended to build your packages in a ‘pbuilder’ environment to
discover issues with build-time dependencies.

> [incrementing the Debian release number each time you make a new
> release] is my chosen option and that of several others here; it
> makes a clear distinction when talking about each upload that you
> made. But be aware that there is disagreement on this point.

Neil Williams has a good explanation of why this is a good idea
<URL:http://people.debian.org/~codehelp/#reasons>.

--
 \      “My interest is in the future, as I am going to spend the rest |
  `\                          of my life there.” —Charles F. Kettering |