Re: RFS: spacehero
* Arne Wichmann <email@example.com> [090219 11:25]:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "spacehero".
> - URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/spacehero
You claim in debian/copyright you downloaded it from
http://spacehero.koalo.de/, but that website directly only lists
a different file with a different version number.
Other packaging things:
* Standards-Version is already a bit old
* the description is a bit terse
* You do not seem to build with the suggested -O2 -g, and support for
noopt is also not there.
* debian/rules could need a major clean up, configure not needed and things like that
* what about a menu entry?
As you also seem to be one of the upstream authors:
How about putting a copyright notice in the actual sources?
Some tipps about the Makefile:
* Adding -l in LDFLAGS before the objects will break static linking.
(usually one has a LIBS that is added afterwards for those)
* it's nice to split preprocessor flags and compiler flags.
(Best way is some CXXFLAGS for the compiler flags, CPPFLAGS for
the preprocessor flags (like -D or `sdl-config --cflags`), adding
the link call also the CXXFLAGS but not the CPPFLAGS, and when
compiling both. Extra points for splitting things a user most likely
wants to override CPPFLAGS and some intern preprocessor flags (like
the `sdl-config --cflags` might want to keep even when setting other
The way you implement those also breaks for people wanting to give
make some CXXFLAGS or LDFLAGS (as that would overide the settings in the
Bernhard R. Link