Re: What to do if the original tarball contains a debian subdirectory

2009/1/28 Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es>:

> (The recommendation above is my opinion, and there are other DDs who
> think different. Me, I believe having a readable diff.gz is motivation
> enough as to repack the tarball.)

OTOH, reading the policy manual I get the idea that a pristine
original tarball is not something to give up easily...
Right now the diff is 52 lines, so not really hard to read; I already
wrote to upstream and he seemed happy about fswebcam being packaged
inside debian, so I think for the next release I could get him not to
add
 debian/, which would avoid the chance of the diff becoming something
unreadable.
Sounds fair?
A related question:
The original debian/ contains a changelog, which documents the past
releases (packaged in .deb for i386 by upstream); should I get rid of
that or keep it/import it?
Thanks everybody for the help

Luca