Re: debian OID / dicom3tools packaging

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 01:32:34PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> So IMHO only large institution would need to change that to their own
> OID, unfortunately this is a compile time variable...

Fix that.  Making something that has to be unique to each installation a
compile-time flag is stupendously stupid.  Read it out of a config file.
Then have the postinst generate a UUID properly, and you're pretty much
guaranteed global uniqueness.

See my other message about (not) using an OID for this purpose.

- Matt