Re: RFS: sl-modem (updated package)

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 09:04:42PM -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> أحمد المحمودي wrote:
> > I think that
> > it is fine too, because that package actually builds another package (if
> > module-assistant is used), or just builds some module files (if DKMS is
> > used).
>
> Have you read the tag's description? it is not as to what the package does.

  You mean the long description ? I fixed it & uploaded.

> > I fixed & uploaded, except for one patch (04_sregs_init.diff). That was
> > introduced by previous maintainer. And I don't know what it does.
>
> Then that's your homework :)

Thanks for the push ! I found out that it is an obsolete patch !
Previous maintainer had to remove it since 2.9.9e-pre1a. (I had to dig
into snapshot.debian.net to find out).

> > Again, please advise me about the use of usermod in the postinst.
> >

> Looks fine, but I have one question: why did you disable the version check?

Was trying something, and forgot to uncomment it back ! Sorry ! Anyways,
it is fixed now in the current upload.

--
 أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
  Digital design engineer