Re: RFS: scmbug

Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 19:00, Kristis Makris <kristis.makris@asu.edu> wrote:
> > scmbug-common - Scmbug common libraries.
> > scmbug-doc - Scmbug documentation.
> > scmbug-server - Scmbug integration server.
> > scmbug-tools - Scmbug integration tools.
>
> Ok, I know nothing about this tool, and the short description should
> give me a hint about what the package is: those 4 don't really say
> anything

Agreed.

A good practice to follow, when a group of packages are clearly pieces
of a larger conceptual package, is to have a single synopsis for the
whole, and a brief addendum on each actual package synopsis.

For example, assuming that ‘scmbug’ can be described as a
“frobnicator with spangulation”:

    frobnicator with spangulation (common libraries)
    frobnicator with spangulation (documentation)
    frobnicator with spangulation (integration server)
    frobnicator with spangulation (integration tools)

--
 \         “Simplicity and elegance are unpopular because they require |
  `\           hard work and discipline to achieve and education to be |