Re: RFS: Sabacc

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 3:02 PM, ukch <joel@kazbak.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. Since posting my original RFS I fixed a lot of
> the problems listed by Lintian. However, my Lintian did not list quite
> as many problems as yours did (namely, 'build-depends-without-arch-dep
> python-lxml' and 'desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key'). As I am an
> Ubuntu user, do you think this means that Lintian does not give as
> many errors for me as it does for you?

As an Ubuntu user, you probably have an older version. Please build
and test your packages in a Debian sid environment before uploading to
Debian to ensure that they work there and you have checked using the
latest lintian versoin. If you don't have a spare machine and don't
want to switch to sid, you can use a chroot or virtual machine.

> And as for the version number issue, will I need to change the version
> number in the original source, or is it enough just to change it in
> the debian/changelog file and rename the orig.tar.gz file? And also,
> if I do change it, will I need to persuade the mentors.debian.net
> system that the newer version is actually newer, or will it somehow
> know?

Just change changelog and rename orig.tar.gz. mentors should deal with it.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise