Re: RFS: mpg123-el (updated package)
2009/1/21 Sandro Tosi <email@example.com>:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 14:45, LI Daobing (李道兵) <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Dear mentors,
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1:1.51-1
>> of my (adopted) package "mpg123-el".
- typo: Homepgae
* debian/doc-base.package: fix lintian warning
* debian/rules: fix lintian warning
how? what warnings were there? please detail the changes you did carefully
- double space in front of short description
- remove 'a ' from short description, check devref/policy for references
- short descr a little "hard" to read, what about "front-end to
mpg321/ogg321 media players for Emacs" even because Emacsen is no more
the default alternative (and as inferred from mpg123.el)
- long description: add a note about the support to vorbis format.
- please remove DM flag: I don't know your packaging skills enough to
allow for it
- what about adding one?
- it's common practice to tag bugs as 'pending' once there is a fix
ready to be uploaded. you can do it with 'tagpending' tool from
devscripts, or with a post commit script for your VCS
- may you comment on these files? why they are there (at first) and
why they do nothing in the explicit switch?
- still needed? isn't it the same text in .el upstream file?
- remove commented commands (if they are not needed)
- if you want an empty build target, then use simply a like line this: "build:"
- there are some dh_* calls not needed, please remove
Please fix these points and reupload to mentors (don't bump revision).
Sandro Tosi (aka morph, morpheus, matrixhasu)
My website: http://matrixhasu.altervista.org/
Me at Debian: http://wiki.debian.org/SandroTosi