Re: RFS: qmpdclient

Am Wednesday 21 January 2009 16:40:59 schrieben Sie:
> >I didn't find any suitable answers what a VCS revision should be. I think
> > you mean a CVS/SVN revision number, but either i'm to stupid to find a
> > equivalent revision number which is also just about some digits in git.
> > Those revision things i found in git where revision/commit versions which
> > have even more digits than the full date.
>
> You can use `git describe` to get such information
>
> [voker57@nbl 0] ~/projects/qmpdclient-ne% git describe
> 1.0.9-69-gfa08e94
>
> Here 1.0.9 is last tag, 69 is number of revision since it and gfa08e94 is
> beginning of unique commit ID

Fine, thanks for your answer, and nice to hear from the author. :)
I'll update the package on mentors.debian.org and change the version number to
the revision number instead of the date.

I also will add the iconsets to be installed.

Thanks and kind regards,
Harald Gutmann