Re: Added requirement for translation of debconf templates

On Sunday 18 January 2009 19:24:05 Neil Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:37:20 +0100
>
> Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Le dimanche 18 janvier 2009 à 12:24 +0000, Neil Williams a écrit :
> > > ... I'm now going to require, for any package
> > > using debconf that requires sponsorship, that debconf translations are
> > > requested and updated by the maintainer on an ongoing basis.
> >
> > You mean "that requires [my] sponsorship" ?
>
> Anything I review or sponsor - a successful review must precede
> sponsoring so if I'm going to sponsor, this criterion is applied at the
> review stage and a failure for this criterion - even if all others are
> prefect - will cause a rejection.

Everything you wrote makes a lot of sense and I think we should submit these
suggestons to Developers News at some point.

One question remains though: how many translations we want in order to qualify
a debconf-using package translated enough so it can be uploaded. That might
sound trivial, but I don't have any good answers myself for now.