Re: Subject: RFS: hotwire-irbd (updated package)

Hi George,

Thankyou very much for taking the time to have a look at this...

On 13/01/2009, at 2:45 AM, George Danchev wrote:

On Monday 12 January 2009 15:35:26 Nima Talebi wrote:
Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.2.1-1
of my package "hotwire-irbd".

Hi,

Here are some comments:

* I don't think you need python-all-dbg in build-depends, do you ?
No I don't either - it was accidently left in (accidentally not removed)... Fixed.

* There is a forgotten dangling symlink you want to remove
makefile -> ../makefiles/Makefile.debian, since it is not very clean what it
might point to (people generally hate surprises ;-)
Very good point, I removed the symbolic link and now use make -f ../ makefiles/Makefile.debian locally instead.

* Not that I see any flaws, but you checked the package compliance with Debian
Python Policy, right?
Yes, I've been checking it against that and the FHS.

Otherwise the package looks well done IMO, but I don't feel I'm the right person to upload it, perhaps the Debian Python group might help or whoever
has the need or intend to use it.

Only the smallest of the 3 components of hotwire (funcwire) is written in python, do you recommend I now do a 4-way split?...
1. hotwire-irbd-doc (API Docs)
2. hotwire-irbd-common (Arch-Independent Files)
3. hotwire-irbd (Arch-Dependent Files)
4. python-funcwire (Python module for Auto-Inventory)?

The 3 componenets being...
1. Hotwire Inventory System
2. Hotwire Rapid-Build & Deploy System
3. Funcwire Auto-Inventory System

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/

I'll upload the new package sometime today, otherwise all changes have been made into SVN for now...

svn co svn://svn.autonomy.net.au/hotwire/trunk hotwire-0.2.2

Thankyou again for taking the time George.

Nima