Re: Subject: RFS: hotwire-irbd (updated package)

On Monday 12 January 2009 17:45:08 George Danchev wrote:
> On Monday 12 January 2009 15:35:26 Nima Talebi wrote:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.2.1-1
> > of my package "hotwire-irbd".
>
> Hi,
>
> Here are some comments:
>
> * I don't think you need python-all-dbg in build-depends, do you ?
> * There is a forgotten dangling symlink you want to remove
> makefile -> ../makefiles/Makefile.debian, since it is not very clean what
> it might point to (people generally hate surprises ;-)
> * Not that I see any flaws, but you checked the package compliance with
> Debian Python Policy, right?

* I also overlooked that your hotwire-irbd binary package
installs /usr/sbin/hotwire (which I saw as hotwireD). Though `hotwire' binary
package (as mentioned in an earlier mail) installs /usr/bin/hotwire, hence
the file conflict won't be encountered, it might be somehow confusing and
fragile to the user side to expect that entries in their path are to be set
in any particular order. Since yours is a server app, renaming it to
`hotwired' sounds reasonable IMO.