Re: Provide version to virtual package.

On Wednesday 07 January 2009 09:58:26 Paul Wise wrote:

> I would suggest to get those patches included in evolution upstream if
> you have not already.

This is processing now, but it will take some time until it is included and it
is much experimental now.

> You can use apt-pinning to ensure that evolution from your repo is
> always installed rather than evo from debian:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/AptPinning
>
> > I though about things like creating metapackage evolution-xyz that
> > installs those packages, but I havent found a neat guide for making
> > metapackage like this.
>
> Try the equivs package.

Thanks for the info, I will look at it, better than nothing.
It is sad that debian doesnt support virtual package naming, for example in
Arch linux I only provide the package and its version and everything is ok.

Regards,
Robert David