Fwd: pbuilder trouble

[please CC me]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 7:26 PM
Subject: Re: pbuilder trouble
To: Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com>, debian-users
<debian-user@lists.debian.org>

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:34:42AM +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having trouble getting "pbuilder create" run with the following error:

<START>
[...]
I: Configuring initscripts...
I: Configuring sysvinit...
I: Unpacking the base system...
W: Failure while installing base packages.  This will be re-attempted
up to five times.
W: Failure while installing base packages.  This will be re-attempted
up to five times.
W: Failure while installing base packages.  This will be re-attempted
up to five times.
W: Failure while installing base packages.  This will be re-attempted
up to five times.
W: Failure while installing base packages.  This will be re-attempted
up to five times.
pbuilder: debootstrap failed
 -> Aborting with an error
 -> cleaning the build env
   -> removing directory /home/wena/live/pbuilder/build//25743 and
its subdirectories
<END>

>> My /etc/pbuilerrc looks thus:
>>
>> <START>
>> MIRRORSITE=http://localhost/sid
>> DEBOOTSTRAP=debootstrap
>> BUILDPLACE=/home/wena/live/pbuilder/build/
>> BASETGZ=/home/wena/live/pbuilder/base.tgz
>> BUILDRESULT=/home/wena/live/pbuilder/result/
>> APTCACHE=/home/wena/live/pbuilder/aptcache
>> <END>
>>
>> Running (c)debootstrap alone gives no problems so I don't know where
>> to start diagnosing my problem.
>
> You are creating very special setting.  I do not even know if you have
> /home/wena/live/ directory or your mirror site at http://localhost/sid
> works or not...  I do not know permision of all these either.

/home/wena/live exists and that mirror pretty well and was created
using reprepro.

> Also you did not say what distribution sid/lenny/etch/... using...

I'm on Sid.

> My first suggestion is to put system back to default.

I stripped pbuilderrc to:
MIRRORSITE=http://localhost/sid
DEBOOTSTRAP=debootstrap

[note that cdebootstrap won't work since I don't have Release.gpg and
I don't know how to parse --allow-authenticated to it through
pbuilder]

...and am still getting the error above

What's interesting is that both "debootstrap" and "cdebootstrap
--allow-unauthenticated" work pretty well.

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com

--