Re: RFS: krypt

On Thursday 01 January 2009, Stefanos Harhalakis <v13@v13.gr> wrote
about 'Re: RFS: krypt':
>Hello again and have/make a happy new year with an early Lenny release.
>
>On Wednesday 31 December 2008, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>> > At least
>> > mention somewhere that one have to be subscribed to debian-mentors to
>> > get a reply.

>> using the mailing lists.  We can't really enforce that.  All we can do
>> it provide TFM, we can't make people R it.
>
>Got it. I've never visited that page and I believe that others may be in
> that position too. I suggest that you change the mentors.debian.net
> maintainers guidelines. It currently says:
>
>"You will be shown an RFS (request-for-sponsorship) template that you can
> send to the debian-mentors mailing list to draw attention to your
> package."
>
>I believe that it should either suggest to request a CC or even better to
>point to the code of conduct:
>
>I suggest something like this:
>
>"You will be shown an RFS (request-for-sponsorship) template that you can
> send to the debian-mentors mailing list to draw attention to your
> package. Please read the code of conduct
> (http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct) for debian
> mailing-lists first. Note that you should request to be CC'ed if you are
> not subscribed to the list"

I think that's a great change.  Could you file a bug (wishlist priority)
with that information so it doesn't get lost in email land.  I think the
most appropriate pseudo package is "www.debian.org", but I'm not sure
*exactly* how mentors.d.n fits into the project so you might email
support@mentors.debian.net first.

Alternative prose might be:
"You will be shown a RFS (request for sponsorship) tempalte that you can
send to the debian-mentors mailing list to draw attention to your package.
You should request to be CC'd on replies, as CCing is not normally done
per the Code of Conduct
(http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct) for Debian mailing
lists."

Alternatively, we might just modify the template to include the
text: "Please CC me on replies, as I am not subscribed to the list." and
actual subscribers will clearly see the incorrect statement of fact and
remove the line.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))