Re: RFS: krypt

Hello again and have/make a happy new year with an early Lenny release.

On Wednesday 31 December 2008, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > At least
> > mention somewhere that one have to be subscribed to debian-mentors to get
> > a reply.

> using the mailing lists.  We can't really enforce that.  All we can do it
> provide TFM, we can't make people R it.

Got it. I've never visited that page and I believe that others may be in that
position too. I suggest that you change the mentors.debian.net maintainers
guidelines. It currently says:

"You will be shown an RFS (request-for-sponsorship) template that you can send
to the debian-mentors mailing list to draw attention to your package."

I believe that it should either suggest to request a CC or even better to
point to the code of conduct:

I suggest something like this:

"You will be shown an RFS (request-for-sponsorship) template that you can send
to the debian-mentors mailing list to draw attention to your package. Please
read the code of conduct (http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct)
for debian mailing-lists first. Note that you should request to be CC'ed if
you are not subscribed to the list"

As for the 'krypt' package, the kde-pkg list suggested that it should not be
packaged for reasons related to lenny freeze and the KDE3->KDE4 transition,
so ignore this request. I'll send it to the original author to include the
package in his web page.

p.s. CC me in any replies.