Re: RFS: adtool (adoption)

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 07:19:08PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> So, here it goes:
>  - there were some changes to upstream sources in the previous revision,
>    they went away but you're not mentioning it anywhere. Did you lost
>    them or did you trash them on purpose?

I've used a clean source because there were previously direct changes,
which I'm not a fan of:

> | $ lsdiff -z ../adtool_1.3-1.diff.gz|grep -v /debian/|grep -v config
> | adtool-1.3/src/tools/adtool.c

For some unknown reason, the version number in this was directly changed
to 1.2, I think probably unintentionally. So clean source fixes this.

> | adtool-1.3/src/etc/adtool.cfg.dist

As in 1.3-1 it is moved to etc/adtool.cfg during installation

> | adtool-1.3/src/lib/active_directory.c

My fault. I had moved the fix that was included directly into a patch,
but then didn't include the patch.

>  - config.{guess,sub} are no longer updated during the build, I suggest
>    you copy them from the autotools-dev package, before the build, and
>    trash them in the clean target. Note that I'm not familiar with dh 7
>    yet, but maybe there's a nice way to do that.

They are now :-) I don't know if there is a particularly dh7y way of
doing this, but I'm doing it as you suggest.

>  - debian/dirs is only needed when the build system doesn't create those
>    directories, and that's almost never needed when autotools are used.

Gone

Same package version is on mentors, if you've time to take a look.

Cheers

--
Jonathan Wiltshire

PGP/GPG: 0xDB800B52 / 4216 F01F DCA9 21AC F3D3  A903 CA6B EA3E DB80 0B52
Sending of encrypted mail is encouraged