Re: RFS: CLAM, C++ library for audio and music

On Wednesday 24 December 2008 14:29:47 Neil Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:12:56 +0100
>
> David García Garzón <dgarcia@iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> > - Include non GPLv2-or-later licenses in debian/copyright
> > - Add man pages to the extra binaries (needed?)
>
> Anything in /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /bin/, /sbin/ or /usr/games needs a
> man page. Anything in /usr/share/ can do without but if there is any
> chance of a user needing to run something from /usr/share/ then a
> manpage is advisable.

That's my point. Most of the bins without manpage are binaries that are not
intended to be run by the user but are launched by the main application.
Anyway I just discovered help2man that will help me a lot to fullfil the
requirement without loosing many time.

> > - Could you point me to an example of debian packaging repository? Just
> > to know how that should be organized.
>
> $ sudo apt-get install reprepro
> $ man reprepro
> $ mkdir conf/
> $ vi ./conf/distributions
> $ reprepro export
> $ reprepro include unstable $changesfile
>
> Simple.

Ups, sorry, not that one. I guess that what you sent maintains a debian
package repository, I was talking about svn-repository not package
repository. We are maintaining the debian/ files within upstream svn
(svn-repository), and i was suggested to maintain it in a separate svn. I was
wondering on how to deal with that, whether to store the diff files or the
full debian dir, how to apply and update it easily and so on.

I guess that it has something to do with svn-buildpackage, but individual man
pages don't give me the whole picture.