Re: RFS: bfilter - unwarranted NMU

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:15:36 +0100
Hámorszky Balázs <balihb.old@gmail.com> wrote:

> Neil Williams wrote:
> > I doubt that Vedran would be quite so pleased.
> >
> > This is another upload to mentors that should be summarily removed
> > for blatant disregard for Policy.
>
> than I misconceived the policy. i can actually make an NMU without
> going through mentors even if I'm not a developer?

NMU's can be made through mentors - that isn't the problem.

You still need to follow the guidance in the Developer Reference:

http://www.uk.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu

During a release freeze, bugs that are severity normal or less are
rarely worth an NMU and you've also targetted unstable which isn't a
good idea during the release freeze.

> I didn't done it out of ill will.

Fine, but you haven't explained why you want to do it now rather than
waiting for after the Lenny release (which may well be what the
maintainer is doing).

The imperative now is to get the full details into the bug report and
wait. So far, the maintainer has had no communication from you since
August, what makes you think he is willing to accept an NMU?

In the meantime, the package should still be removed from mentors IMHO.

--

Neil Williams