Re: RFS: libabstract-ruby

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:47:25 +0100
Salvatore Bonaccorso <salvatore.bonaccorso@gmail.com> wrote:

Note, I'm only correcting the reply from Salvatore - I have no
intention of helping with the package any further or of offering any
sponsorship.

http://people.debian.org/~codehelp/#lang

> I noticed that you still use Standards-Version 3.6.2. If I'm right,
> the current policy version is 3.8.0.1.

No, just 3.8.0

> Here is the further lintian output on the package, done with
> 	lintian -I libabstract*ch*
> (note: you can check it with lintian -iI libabstract*ch* to have more
> informative output):
>
> I: libabstract-ruby source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
>
> This is only "informational", it's not required. But since the
> download URL seems to be
>
> 	http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/9171/abstract_1.0.0.tar.bz2
>
> it should be not to bad to add a debian/watch file if possible.

Most sponsors require a working watch file where one is missing.

> W: libabstract-ruby source: debhelper-but-no-misc-depends libabstract-ruby
>
> The help text of lintian says here:
> N:    The source package uses debhelper but it does not use ${misc:Depends} in
> N:    the given binary package's debian/control entry. This is required so the
> N:    dependencies are set correctly in case the result of a call to any of
> N:    the dh_ commands cause the package to depend on another package.
> N:
> N:    Refer to the debhelper(7) manual page for details.
> N:
> N:    Severity: normal; Certainty: certain

Add ${misc:Depends} to the Depends line of the binary package(s) in
debian/control, exactly as lintian instructs you to do.

> W: libabstract-ruby1.8: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
> W: libabstract-ruby1.9: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
> W: libabstract-ruby: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
>
> You can leave the "." (dot) at the end of the phrase.

You *must* leave out the dot at the end of the short description.

--

Neil Williams