Re: RFS: flactag

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 04:08:27PM +0000, Andy Hawkins wrote:
> > Your main binary doesn't have a man page.
>
> Umm...it certainly should have! You mention it below.

Yeh, I botched that. Sorry.

> > debian/copyright:
> > * you need to acknowledge copyrights in base64.*
>
> Ok. I think I've done this, not entirely sure on what the 'style' is though.
> Can you give any references?

What you've already got is OK, you just need to repeat the License
section for each type of license, including the standard grant header
like at the bottom of ./COPYING, and the files that the section applies
to. See [1] for the policy, but it's a free-form file basically.

There is a current proposal to make this machine-readable, so you might
want to make the effort with that now and not rewrite it later, you
should just be able to tweak it. See [2].

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#s-copyrightfile
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat

> > You need a debian/watch file to comply with policy. It's used by uscan [2].
>
> Done, but I'm not sure it'll work as I doubt the web server allows for
> directory listings.

Use the example in uscan's manpage uscan(1) for "This is a variant HTTP
format which allows direct specification of the homepage". This gets the
homepage you specify and screen-scrapes it for the pattern specified to
find the download location.

> I'm about to upload a new version with the version number incremented. I'll
> send another RFS for that.

You probably don't need to bother with a whole RFS, just reply to the
list with the location of your uploaded files. It keeps the discussion
threaded so potential sponsors can see how your package has progressed.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire

PGP/GPG: 0xDB800B52 / 4216 F01F DCA9 21AC F3D3  A903 CA6B EA3E DB80 0B52
Sending of encrypted mail is encouraged